Pertama Ferro-alloys smelter - Malaysia
Share With Friends
Pertama Ferroalloys Sdn. Bhd. smelting plant is the first large-scale manganese alloys and ferrosilicon plant in Malaysia. Formerly known as AML Manganese (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., the company was established by global ferroalloy production leaders to produce and supply manganese alloy products to the steel industry worldwide.
The Pertama smelting plant occupies an area of 200 hectares in the Samalaju Industrial Park in Bintulu, Sarawak, as a 2-phase manganese alloys and ferrosilicon smelting plant development. The final products of the plant are manganese alloys, ferrosilicon, and electrolytic manganese metal (EMM). PROGESYS was mandated in 2014 to support with project management, construction management, commissioning, start-up and ramp-up of the Pertama Smelting Plant to desired production rates and product quality.
• Provided project management for critical plant equipment – furnaces
• Provided construction management and contractor supervision and coordination
• Managed the commissioning and start-up phases of the plant
• Planned the activities related to engineering, construction, commissioning, and start-up
• Conducted multiple workshops for Pertama’s employees on recommended safety training
• Planned, managed, and supervised the work performed by vendors
• Commissioned the plant in manual and automatic modes
• Provided deficiencies management after the construction phase.